Guidelines for using X-BIONIC, X-SOCKS and other X-Technology Swiss owned Trademarks and Copyrights
(Including all Third Party entities using X-TECHNOLOGY SWISS Trademarks and Copyrights)
These guidelines are for X-Technology Swiss licensees, authorized resellers, product developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use our trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the X-Technology Swiss Logos or trademarks for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of X-Technology Swiss may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of local and international laws. Use of X-Technology Swiss owned trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of an X-BIONIC &/or X-SOCKS trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license/distribution/sales agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are an X-BIONIC &/or X-SOCKS Authorized Reseller or member of an X-BIONIC &/or X-SOCKS program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS's trademarks, are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using X-BIONIC &/or X-SOCKS trademarks, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that X-Technology Swiss is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with X-Technology Swiss rights in the trademark, including challenging X-Technology Swiss use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any X-Technology Swiss trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of an X-Technology Swiss trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to X-Technology Swiss. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your X-BIONIC &/or X-SOCKS representative or submit your query to X-Technology Swiss Trademark Department.
Authorized Use of X-Technology SwissTrademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only X-Technology Swiss and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS's logos in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS's logos only as specified in their agreement and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with X-Technology Swiss. For example:
- Authorized Reseller
- Authorized Distributor
- Authorized Service Provider
- Authorized Wholesaler
2. Publications, Seminars, Trainings and Conferences: You may use word marks in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, leaflets, trainings, experience days or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: ENDURANCE TRAINING for X-BIONIC® and X-SOCKS® Owners.
b. The use reflects favorably on both X-Technology Swiss products and/or technology.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar, training or conference.
d. The X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS logos or any other X-Technology Swiss owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, training or conference without express written permission from X-Technology Swiss.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by X-Technology Swiss GmbH.”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS’s ownership of its trademark(s) and/or images. Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
3. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning an X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS product or technology may use the appropriate X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
Unauthorized Use of X-Technology Swiss Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, X-BIONIC, X-SOCKS, APANI, Energy Accumulator®, The Trick®, Effektor®, or any other X-Technology Swiss trademark, including graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. X-Technology Swiss-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS Logo or any other X-Technology Swiss owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license or authorization from X-Technology Swiss, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS and related brands or other variation of the logos for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of an X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS trademark for any purpose.
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use an X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS trademarks or any other X-Technology Swiss owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing X-BIONIC, X-SOCKS or any other X-Technology Swiss owned trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to the prior written consent of X-Technology Swiss.
7. X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS slogan or tagline.
For example: “Turn Sweat Into Energy”
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS trademark as a second level domain name.
1. You may not use the X-Technology trademarks standing alone except to denote or refer to the X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS product line.
Rules for Proper Use of X-Technology Swiss owned Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I bought two X-BIONIC shirts.
Not Correct: I bought two X-BIONICS.
3. An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that. For a list of suggested generic terms see the Trademark List.
4. Always spell and capitalize X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS product names. Do not make up names that contain X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Worldwide
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed, use the appropriate trademark symbol the first time the X-BIONIC® & X-SOCKS® trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Refer to the X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark.
c. Include an attribution of X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS’s ownership of its trademarks within your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Depictions of X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion without the prior written consent of X-Technology Swiss.
2. Compatibility: If you are a product developer, you may show an image of an X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the X-BIONIC & X-SOCKS product or technology, provided a prior written consent of X-Technology Swiss is necessary.
For further information with respect to a prior written consent of X-Technology Swiss intellectual property (IP) and copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the IP Team.